Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I am a 41 year old woman and am losing my hair and dont know why?

I have been losing hair for awhile now but in the last few months it has been getting worse and dont understand why. I have had test done and there is nothing wrong with my hormones or thyroid. Can any one suggest what is the cause.



I am a 41 year old woman and am losing my hair and dont know why?

It could be simply receding. Don't worry too much, unless it is coming out in large amounts. It will probably eventually stop.



I am a 41 year old woman and am losing my hair and dont know why?

Hi, I completely understand and I am so there with you...except I am only 20 and I am going Britney! I do have a problem with my thyroid though so it's related to that. Have you done test that check whether you need vitamins, minerals, calcium etc? You may need some supplements there are some that you need that promote your hair growth I think its Biotin. If you talk to your doctor or pharmicist they should be able to tell you. I would also just go and talk to your doctor about it. We all loose hair naturally and about 80-150 strands of hair if you think it's more then it is a problem. It could also be alopecia or a type of it....it may be something you are doing like having your hair tied back tight or using to many chemicals or sprays on your hair. Coloring shouldn't be a problem but too much of everything could be. Here's another thing that it could be----yearly shedding. Many people experiance seasonal shedding and it's normal...it just falls of and new hair soon replaces it. The best solution is to go to your doctor and tell him....HE SHOULD do tests to find out what is wrong and help you find a solution....try different doctors if you must because some will dismiss it...even natural doctors..because sometimes they listen to you more and find natural things that fix it such as a change in diet or release of negative energy or stress. STress can ALSO cause hair loss. It's a lot of things that can be wrong ...I hope you find what is and that you find a solution to your problem. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment