Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Why my cat losing it's hair?

it's a male 1 year old cat that i adoreeeee.



recently i bought him a collar and since it wore it, my cat started to lose hair arond the nick from both sides .. i took it off and hair is starting to grow but very very very slowly and am not sure that it is in all places



i thought the collar may have been too tight and that was the issue now



i took him to the vet but he's a complete idiot i feel i know more than him in this regard so i cnt depend on him..



my cat eats fish everyday never out of the house we all love him and he takes a bath every week



any advice pleaseeeeeeee



Why my cat losing it's hair?

First, the collar may have been irritating to him - not just to his skin, but the fact that he was not used to it, and that may have caused him to scratch excessively and wear the fur off from around his neck. It may look cute, but he doesn't need a collar, and if it's bothering him, don't put it back on.



Also, if he continues to lose fur, it may be a food allergy. I have a cat who is allergic to fish (!!!), and if she eats it, she loses the fur from around her ears and temples. I can only feed her non-seafood cat foods.



And please don't bathe your cat!! Cats groom themselves as needed, and bathing a cat only dries their skin and coat, particularly in the winter months. You are setting your cat up for major skin issues if you continue to do this. Cats are, well, cats. They're not little people that need regular bathing.



Why my cat losing it's hair?

Try the cat hair club for men.



Why my cat losing it's hair?

Are you sure he's not just shedding?



Why my cat losing it's hair?

He probably shouldn't bathe so much. BUT, I really think he just has low body vitamins. You should feed him some cat vitamins or CAT food--because that has vitamins in it.



Why my cat losing it's hair?

he is going threw puiperty i think lol



Why my cat losing it's hair?

the cat could be allergic to the collar or maybe stressed out



but you should take it to the Vet soon just to get a perfessionals opinion and take the collar with to show him!



Why my cat losing it's hair?

could be allergies to food/ shampoo/ bathing tequniques. this sounds pretty serious so id go to the vet just to be safe.



Why my cat losing it's hair?

1. he could be shedding



2. he might hav mange



3. he might be rubbing his neck raw with the collar



4. or some other reasons



Why my cat losing it's hair?

It might be a vitamin deficiency buy food that promotes a healthy coat. Hopefully that will fix it. If not take your cat to the vet.



Why my cat losing it's hair?

try giving him vitamins



ummm....



does he get in fights often?



if he does, maybe his hair IS growing back, but keeps getting scratched off



take him to the vet and see if he's allergic to anything



if so



check what the collar had on or in it



Why my cat losing it's hair?

my cat is totally bald where his collar is but that took years of wear-you should be able to fit two fingers between the collar and the cats neck.I dont understand why you bath your cat-cats clean themselves!and find a vet you trust-mine has over 30 years experience-you are paying for it after all!



Why my cat losing it's hair?

Shes just shedding totally normal



Why my cat losing it's hair?

what is the collar made out of. are you sure that your cat isn't allergic to any of the materials in this collar. Also check the tag and make sure it doesn't irritate his skin. Try a different brand of collar and see if this makes any difference.



Why my cat losing it's hair?

I think he was allerhic 2 it!! Do u know if it was returned or if it is a flea collar? some cat might of war it that had mange!!!!!!!



This is a pretty serous problim!! Try 2 take ur cat to an out of town specilast or a vet that has good reports all the time!!



Why my cat losing it's hair?

stress from the collar will cause hair to fall out

No comments:

Post a Comment