Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

im female and have long hair. it used to be very thick, but i have been losing a lot of hair (in the shower, and i find my hair on the floor all over the place its very annoying.. and im worried about it) i've been losing it for three years now (ever since i came to canada from europ)



i straighten my hair once a week or so.. and don't use too much chamicles on it... oh and i wash it every third day or so.. i used to use shampoo and condicioner from pantine for a long time, and now i switched to garneer, but it didnt make it any better... please helppppp im really concerned about it, im losing way too much hair :(:(



thanks a lot



Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

proabbly apasia



Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

the average human loses over 1000 strands of hair daily....if it's not noticeably thinning, you have nothing to worry about.



Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

try rogain



Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

not to scare you but this can be pretty serious. i would've seen my doctor a year agoo. three years is a long time, !



Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!



THIS IS A DISASTER



WHAT WILL WE DO



go to a hair doctor if their is such a thing.



or maybe get some hair products.



go to a salon.



hope this helps.



Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

a little hair loss is normal, especially if you straighten your hair, which can really take it's toll. A recent die job can also cause hair loss.A lot of loss might be a medical problem. mention it to your doctor.



Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

^ i think that first person [Lauren] meant to say "alopecia". its a disease that childern are BORN with, with bald spots on their head usually. i doubt that is the case for you. everyone loses a certain amount of hair per day, so as long as it's not chunks of hair.. i'm sure it's perfectly fine.



Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

Usually stress, blow drying and applying heat, genetic reasons and a poor diet are the main reasons for hair loss. It may also be because of frequent hair wash that can make your hair fragile. There aren't many treatments for hair loss apart from the ones your doctor can recommend. Try to eliminate applying heat, reduce stress levels, eat healthily and visit your doctor for more support.



Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

maybe its genetic, or u take really hot long showers, which can cause your hair to fall.. :T



Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

I would start at the Doctor's office, there are many reasons for hairloss.



Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

go to a dermatologist they can help. are you stressed, are you eating right? diet and stress can play a big part in these things like hair loss



Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

okay firstly dont panic you just need to get this sorted



loss of hair can be caused by such a variety of things like the hair being damaged and breaking off,not having enough vitiamins or could be a health problem



if the amount of hair your loosing is more than it should be,i would visit you doctor asap and he or she can rule out anything seious and help you out



hope this helps =)



Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

If your hair loss is great[in large clumps] then visit the doctor for a examination.



Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

Is your hair just falling out or can you see that it's thinner when you look at your scalp? If the hair on your scalp is less I would go see a doctor. You might have a condition that causes your hair to fall out and if so a doctor can help you. If not then you're either just shedding (which is normal) or you have premature balding. I don't know if there's much you can do about that.



I have a friend who has very very thin hair. You can see her scalp easily, which is kind of sad, but she's always had hair that was unusually thin.



Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

when u were in europe whatever hair products u used keep using them. i think if u switched ur hair is not responding right becuz it is new and not used to it. maybe its something ur eating. do u have short hair now?



Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

you might have a condition called alopecia, which can be treated by a doctor, my sister lost almost all of her hair a the age of fifteen, but with treatment she eventually grew it all back. check for bald patches, esp on the crown and back of your head. Your doctor will send you to a dermatologist. It is rare in young people but it may be a possibility, I really hope it isn't.



Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

I used to lose my hair too! When i was 15, me and my family went to Kau`i and went we got back, i started to lose my hair (same as you, in the shower i noticed it). my doctor said it was Alopecia. So I started to use Head and Shoulders shampoo and used Rogaine everyday. and about 4 months later it grew back! maybe you should try the gentle head and shoulders and/or Rogaine. just a thought.



Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

Well that sucks! Umm, I had the same problem, and I still kinda do! If you change up your shampoo it should stop. Try getting two different shampoo's in your shower and switch them up everytime you get in. If you have thick hair, try getting a cream for your hair for damaged hair. It works great. Practice not using the straightener. That could help!



Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

I recommend you see your doctor. For young woman, hair loss can sometimes be related to hormone deficiencies or others such as folic acid. How is your thyroid? Are you eating well? There are also vitamin regimines that you an buy that focus on hair and nail growth. By the way, I had trouble with Pantene and don't recommend it or Pert. Not sure about garneer. All said, this sounds like some kind of imbalance and you should have a complete physical.



Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

1st, the longer your hair, the more you'll lose.



Your shampoo is not the culprit.



Also:



vitamin deficiencies



if you wear your hair alot in ponytails or tight clips



You may want to see a dermatologist to rule out alopecia.



Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

ever since i came to canada from europe-



different water ... believe or not.... water has chemicals in it and could be a or one of the reasons why your hair is falling out!



straighten my hair once a week or so-



HEAT PERIOD IS BAD!! NO MATTER WHAT AMOUNTS!



get a roller set and sit under the dryer-wash/set/and wrap



oh and i wash it every third day or so- wash your hair once a week or every other week..when you wash your hair to much ..you are washing the natural minerals out o your hair not good!!!



i used to use shampoo and condicioner from pantine for a long time, and now i switched to garneer- maybe you should go back to what you were using or a differnt product...I use garneer to and I dont think its making my hair any longer like I want so Im in the process of switching products as well!!!



im losing way too much hair :(:(- losing hair can come from numerous reasons.... some can be from stree..you might be stressed...so try to change that or It might be in the family.... which is out of your hands...then you would have to take a diff. route...



Good Luck girly



Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

I am no doctor or rocket scientist, but I would say that maybe you should see a doctor. We do loose alot of hair daily naturally and I am not sure of the number. But in your case it seems a little much! One thing I do know and that is hair products(hairdresser) and Pantene is nothing but loaded down in waxy chemcials that do make the hiar shiny, but at what cost. go to the doctor and be safe, then consider changing your shampoo and conditioner to something in the Paul Mitchell ,Nexu, or Kenra line. Something professional, it will make a difference in your hairs appearance,health and condition.



Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

It could be your diet, medications/birth control., stress-induced, etc.



Just check with your doctor.



Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

could be stress related from moving. but go to ur doctor, probably nothing but its better to find out early to fix it if anything is wrong. maybe u have some deficiantcy in something.



Losing my hair at 17...helppp?

you can get alopecia from various thing,you are not just born with it.it doesnt always affect your whole head.i had a huge bald spot in my hair and it was from not eating right etc.you can see a dermotologist and get cortisone shots in your scalp if you have bald spots.its really just a prick not like a needle.it hasnt happened since

No comments:

Post a Comment