Monday, November 16, 2009

My Cat is losing alot of hair, HELP!?

My cat has been losing large clumps of his hair on a daily basis now for about 3 - 6 months at first i thought maybe the weather but i am not to sure now. does anyone have any suggestions on this?



My Cat is losing alot of hair, HELP!?

hmmmm... first thing to do is take the cat to the vet to rule out any underlaying medical condition that may be causing this chronic loss of hair. Second, if I were you, I would seriously consider a special diet for this cat... do some on-line research on different cat foods formulated for cats with allergies. I recommend Natural Balance "Venison and Peas." I have heard accounts of pets showing symptoms just like your cat - and it is caused by food allergy and/or build-up of toxins related to grain and grain products in many pet foods.



My Cat is losing alot of hair, HELP!?

take her to the vet!!!



My Cat is losing alot of hair, HELP!?

see a vet-could be something non-threatening-allergies... or something very serious.. if there were any major changes shortly before this started-i.e.-moving, gaining or losing housemate, animal death or new pet-then it could just be stress- take to the vet to be sure.



My Cat is losing alot of hair, HELP!?

Take the cat to the vet. The cat may have developed a skin dieases or having nutritional problems. This is definatly a problem that you need to get solved like... yesterday



My Cat is losing alot of hair, HELP!?

Your cat could be very stressed out. Any changes in his environment lately? Or he could be allergic to something, like fleas, most common allergy. Also have you changed the type of food he eats? Take your cat to the vet, if it doesn't stop.



Also have you seen the cat tearing its own fur out? or is it just falling out? Does it have long hair or short? If it is long hair probably it is shedding for the summer, however they don't shed in clumps. So it is probably an allergy or the cat is stressed out for some reason.



My Cat is losing alot of hair, HELP!?

Don't wait anymore and get your cat to the vet. It could be an allergy problem, or a thyroid problem. You've given it more than enough time. You need to get your cat in right away.



My Cat is losing alot of hair, HELP!?

I do not think its normal for a cat to lose hair at all. I had one cat who did lose her hair from her mid body down her back legs and it was because she had a hideous case of fleas that we couldn't get rid of.(at least that's the reason the vet gave us) Finally the fleas were eradicated and her hair grew back. The vet said that the fleas had caused her hair to fall out due to a reaction to their bite. I've never seen this on other animals with fleas before or since



This same cat died about a year later of cancer in her throat. Poor thing. I sure miss her. I had owned her for 10 years.



It makes me wonder to this day if it was the cancer that caused her hair to come out.



I hope this may have helped.



My Cat is losing alot of hair, HELP!?

There are a lot of reasons why your cat could be losing hair, and some of them are contagious to humans. Take her to the vet right away.



My Cat is losing alot of hair, HELP!?

Pour hot water on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment