Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Losing hair in the shower?

my hair is curly and its not thin but not thick, i lose about 30-40 strands of hair in the shower. is this normal? i do not lose it in clumps.



Losing hair in the shower?

The same thing is happening to me! After reading the answers, it sounds normal. But I can see where is also may have to do with how you handle your hair. Is your hair long? Mine is about shoulder length and not thick, I need to actually put those picky curlers in it to hold a curl, this could be tearing it out. Are you using like no-more-tangles or something not to put stress on your hair? I was thinking growing it longer would make it look thicker, but now I seriously am thinking of cutting it - if it is more manageable it won't break off. You also may want to just let your hair air dry once in a while to let it relax from all the abuse we do. Curious on the length of your hair~



Losing hair in the shower?

Yes it is normal. Some people loose more than others. If you think you are loosing to much try using warm not hot water. Be gentle on the shampooing of your hair. Lessen you stress level.



Losing hair in the shower?

the average is 75 a day...its normal



Losing hair in the shower?

It just shows up in the shower but more than likely other places too



Losing hair in the shower?

omg mee too I totaly have the same question



I dont know why



my doctor says it my scalp and I think you should put honey on your hair and massage your scalp but be advised that you are supposed to lose 100 hairs a day



Losing hair in the shower?

My hairstylist said it's normal to lose around a hundred or so hairs a day.



Remember, stress can add to hair loss.



Also, brush your hair gently before getting in the shower. That way, you won't be tempted to pull the tangles out of your hair when you condition.



Losing hair in the shower?

Sometimes people lose lots of strands of hair due to stress, or handling their hair roughly. Try using gentler shampoos on your hair, using less styling products (if using any) or let your hair dry naturally instead of rubbing it roughly against a towel or using a blow dryer.



Losing hair in the shower?

i have the same problem with my hair except my hair is thick



Losing hair in the shower?

I lost some hair the same way, kinda curly but I keep it short. It seemed to stop after a couple weeks. This is what I did:



I switched shampoos, stopped taking hot showers and switched to warm then got my doctor to write me a prescription for Propecia. Doc said I could use Rogaine if I wanted to and I am paranoid about it now... my uncle, mom's bro, has all his hair and he is over 60. My dad has been using sunblock on his head since he was in his 20's.



Losing hair in the shower?

Losing some hair daily is normal. Try and keep yourself healthy and stress free. Those things could cause hair loss and well, no one wants that.



Losing hair in the shower?

Yes, If 50 or even up to 100 hairs fall out each day, it is normal. Don't worry, unless it is getting so bad that you are becoming bald.

No comments:

Post a Comment