Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I'm 15, female, and losing hair...?

A couple years ago I was going through a really stressful time and my hair started shedding like crazy...it got better after a few months, but just a couple of months ago it started falling out more than normal again. Showering is probably the worst time for my hair..I lose about 50 strands when its wet. I run my hands through it and a lot seems to come out, but my hair is also long, so it may seem like a lot more. It's starting to worry me, I hate seeing hair on my brush and in the drain. Is this normal, or should I be concerned?



I'm 15, female, and losing hair...?

It may be stress still, or a thyroid problem, or a chemical or hormone imbalance.



there's lots of things it could be, but you are probably fine.



I'm 15, female, and losing hair...?

Aren't you supposed to lose like 150 a day normally?



I'm 15, female, and losing hair...?

maybe because of your shampoo what kind of shampoo are you using?



I'm 15, female, and losing hair...?

sometimes if u have dandruff it does that..otherwise hair usually does that.



I'm 15, female, and losing hair...?

I think this is normal.



I have the same problem and im 13. In the shower mostly, and when i brush my hair, a whole bunch comes out. Whenever I run my hand through my hair, always hair is coming out.



This is normal, dont worry about it.



I'm 15, female, and losing hair...?

i've discovered a site where people have the same problem as yours -- hair fall. check out this site and may this help you:



http://www.indiaparenting.com/faqs/beaut...



I'm 15, female, and losing hair...?

See A Doctor



Coz Like My Hair Cums Out Like Loads Of It Wen I Havnt Brushed It In A While But Dusnt Happen To Me In The Shower U Shud Be A Bit Concerned Go To A Hairdresser Or A Doctor Best



(Pik Meeh As Best Answer Pllzzz Never Once Got best plzzz)



I'm 15, female, and losing hair...?

I know someone who had similar problem... Do u straighten it alot? That could be major problem... Try changing habits on how you treat your hair... Try washing hair every other day (max)... Let it dry naturally every now and then... Don't straighten... Good Luck!



I'm 15, female, and losing hair...?

You should go ask a medical doctor.



I'm 15, female, and losing hair...?

OMG same. and it's so sad i was losing hair LIKE CRAZY. but there was no explanation for my hair lose i try different shampoo's and nothing worked.. after a couple of weeks later it stopped so. i dunno.. mabe u should go to the doctor or sumthing. BUT GOOD LUck



I'm 15, female, and losing hair...?

How are you feeling? If you are struggling with fatigue as well, you should see a physician. It could be a thyroid problem. At fifteen if could be hormonal fluctuation. I would start with a visit to your hair stylist and ask him or her if your hair loss is normal.



I'm 15, female, and losing hair...?

If this continues a lot I would go see a doctor just to be safe. You don't want to lose all your hair because you didn't go to a doctor do you?



I'm 15, female, and losing hair...?

have you been using gariner frutis.



since i've been using that my hair has been falling out too. and i am prettty young



I'm 15, female, and losing hair...?

cut your hair shorter



I'm 15, female, and losing hair...?

im 15, female i=and i have the same problem as you!!!



i was scared to at fist but now im not coz like someone said, you are ment to loose around 150 hairs a day. when i shower, good god it looks like ive shaved all my hair off!



but dont worry about it..its ok!!



I'm 15, female, and losing hair...?

It's normal to lose hair every day, but it's especially noticable when the hair is long, because it's also heavier. Cut it short and you'll eliminate the problem...



I'm 15, female, and losing hair...?

Stress will sause a condition called alopecia areotta....where your hair falls out rapidly in one or more small oval patches. But that's not what you have unless you can see the small oval bald spots. Now...don't sweat it sweetie....average hair loss is 50-100 hairs a day. Your hair goes through 3 stages all over your head at different times. Growing, resting and dying. If it didn't fall out, think about how much hair you'd have all over your head through the course of a year!!! My hair is long too, and I lose a TON!!!! But I'm a stylist, so I know that it's not a big deal. PLUS, you may be getting near "that time of the month" and that can effect your hair, too. You're fine...



I'm 15, female, and losing hair...?

well it could be stress if you start to get bald spots on the top of your head then that not good see the Dr but if its just alittle in your brush that is normal go get some thickening shampoo and conditioner 50 strands not bad remember bald spots are bad dying your hair can also do this



I'm 15, female, and losing hair...?

OMG!! I have the same exact problem, and I was just going to post the same question. Im also 15, and my hair started falling out during a real stressful time 2 years ago, then it stopped, cuz then i had a haircut, and I had really awesome hair. But recently, like the start of this school year, it started shedding again, like crazy!!



I have no idea, I'm going to keep refreshing this page till answers come out.



But here are some tips I picked up:



use moisturizing shampoo and conditioner(garnier fructis sleek and shine)



rinse ur head in cold water to seal the roots



when ur hairs wet, comb through with a wide tooth comb to prevent breakages



trim every 6-8 weeks to prevent split ends



wash hair every other day so ur hair is not stripped of its natural oils



drink plenty of water



what shampoo do u use? every time i get 2 much dandruff, and hair starts to fall out, i use head and shoulders for while, and then after dandruff has gone, i switch back 2 my regular shampoo..but lately it hasn't seemed to be working...



many ppl i asked say its just a phase, and after a while ur hair is going to be ok. part of a natural process, like trees in fall and spring.



whatever, i hope everything works out ok, hope the same for me!



I'm 15, female, and losing hair...?

I've had this problem on and off my whole life [hair loss, not stress]. You may not have enough iron in your body. It halped me a lot when I started taking iron supplements. If that doesn't work, try fish oils or as other people have said, try different shampoo's or conditioners.



I'm 15, female, and losing hair...?

I have the same thing this time of year. Ur body goes thu minor hormonla changes when the weather shifts from Warm to cold. This is to prepare ur body to cope with the cold better. This change in hormones is what cause the hair loss. Dont worry, U dont loss a noticable amount. And its not gone forever. it gross bak. During this time or year, avoid over washing ur hair, Try not to blow dry or use to much heat on it, and DON'T DYE IT. There are some vitamins u can take that will help, Such as b, c, Zinc and some others. The hair loss shood slow down around mid november or so.



Hope i helped!



I'm 15, female, and losing hair...?

maybe its cancer

No comments:

Post a Comment