Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Help! i have been losing a lot of hair lately, for the past month. I feel I don't have that muc

i am 26 years old female. I take Emergen-C vitamin everyday and try to eat well...I don't know what's going on with my hair! is this normal - to lose hair? what can i take to stop it and strengthen it!



My hair is not that long and i get it trimmed every once in a while.



btw, it has also become drier than usual at the tips...



Help! i have been losing a lot of hair lately, for the past month. I feel I don't have that much hair anymore!

I always say, "See a dermatologist." But I do have some info for you. The average person has 10,000 hairs and loses 100 hairs daily. Sometimes, the hair isn't falling out...its just breaking off. In that case, you need to use deep conditioner and stay away from styling tools. To tell if the hair is breaking off or not, gather up the strands that fall. Is there a *tiny* white tip at one end? That white ball is the root. Hairs that have snapped off won't have that root.



Hereditary hair loss is common in women. Nearly all women will experience it at some point. It is caused by the breakdown of testosterone into a chemical called DHT (dihydrogentestosterone), which for some reason attacks hair follicles. No one knows how or why! Contrary to popular belief, this kind of hair loss is inherited through the mother *and* the father. In women, this kind of hair less usually starts at the top of the head (whereas in men, it usually starts near the temples). Hereditary hair loss can often be treated with HRT (hormone replacement therapy) and Rogaine. Hair transplantation can have significant benefits. In men, shampoos containing Selenium also seem to reduce hair fall. Selenium is the active ingredient to many dandruff shampoos--check it out. Also, Swedish lazer technology was recently approved as a treatment. Still...you're just 26. That seems kind of young.



Other possibilities include:



1. Stress (it happens).



2. Not enough protein, Omega 3 fatty acids, and Vitamin B12.



3. A scalp infection. (Perhaps caused by dandruff, product build-up, or even a fungus....)



4. An autoimmune disease, such as Lupus. Have you had any muscle pain or facial rashes?



5. Limes disease? (This is kind of unlikely....)



6. Side-effect to medication. (Are you on an anti-depressent, like Zoloft? Or taking medicine for Cicle Cell Anemia? Any other medicines?)



7. Maybe its breaking. Did you have a perm or chemical straightening? How often do you flat iron and do you use a heat-protector?



Like I said, see a dermatologist. They have the best chance of diagnosing and treating your problem. Also, your hair trouble might be a sign of some underlying issue that would be good to find out about.



P.S.--%26gt;My sis has broken up with a guy twice in her life. Both times, she started losing little clumps of hair in the shower just three months after each breakup. Because hair cycles change every few months, an event that freaked you out in the spring/summer might be just now effecting your body.



A.P.S.--%26gt;Both times, the hair loss stopped on its own.



A.A.P.S.--%26gt;I have heard people lose more hair in the fall, but I don't know if this is true.



I hope I have been able to help you out. This is a frustrating issue for lots of women.



-Peggy



Help! i have been losing a lot of hair lately, for the past month. I feel I don't have that much hair anymore!

start taking biotin and folic acid and using jojoba oil pure everyday rub it into the scalp and the hair



Help! i have been losing a lot of hair lately, for the past month. I feel I don't have that much hair anymore!

you need this. No breakage, hair loss and fly-aways



I think you should check out www.biolustreflorida.com



I just went to their launch party and had my hair done, free as a demo. Its amazing, my hair was breaking off and flying away. I will always always buy this stuff. Its awesome, I saw a difference as soon as she rinsed my hair. I have no damage anymore, its unbelievable! No more split-ends, its like my hair is NEW! I love it!



www.biolustreflorida.com and they have a myspace. I just asked to be on their friends list



http://www.myspace.com/biolustrefloridad...



Help! i have been losing a lot of hair lately, for the past month. I feel I don't have that much hair anymore!

Get your tips taken off. When the tips start to split, that split will work it's way up the hair shaft to the healthy hair and usually breaks off. That's why people say your hair grows faster after you get it cut. It doesn't grow faster, it just stops breaking off so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment