Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I have an 11 week old min dachsund who is losing hair in small patches.?

Her hair loss is along her spine and on her arms and legs where she scratches them. Also, she is losing hair on her ears. The vet tested her for mange and it came back negative, but he still had her dipped just in case. Her patches have gotten a little worse over the week and seem more noticible when I give her a bath. Anyone have any suggestions??



I have an 11 week old min dachsund who is losing hair in small patches.?

Right now because he is little it could be any number of things. Like the others said. It could be stress, but not necessisarily being taken away from it's mother. At eleven weeks they are old enough to go.



Fleas will also do that. But it could be hot spots, if your vet said it wasn't mange. I got some shampoo from Petsmart with oatmeal in it, and so far it has worked great for my dogs. But look also at the food you might be feeding your dog. Do not under any reason give your dog Old Roy. That food is the bottom of the barrel food, and not good for any dogs. I was feeding it to mine, and she has long hair. She was losing it quite fast. I chnaged it to Back To Basic's dog food. Being the he is still small, make sure you feed him the right amount of times a day he should be fed. Also the right amount. I feed my 1/2 cup twice a day.



Bathing a dog does not hurt, but maybe until the hair starts coming in better, you should limit how many times you do.



Also from the old roy food, my dogs eyes were running all the time. I thought it was an allergy also, but since I changed the food, it has stopped. Also like they all said, check to make sure there is nothing that your pup is getting into. With all the rain we have been getting here,(NY), sorry don't know where your at, but it could be an air born allergy. People have different reactions to some things, and dogs can get them also. I didn't know dogs could get ear aches, but they do. So it could be anything. Try some of the home things first. It would run yu too much money to keep going to the vets for all the different tests they would want to try. Maybe poision ivy, or something along that line. But try the oatmeal also. They have a nice one at Petsmart made by Fresh and Clean, from the makers of Arm and Hammer. That's what I use. It smells really nice, and leaves their hair soft. They still itch, but have to keep up with the meds for fleas. No matter how much meds you put on, they still get a cople from outside and other dogs they are around.



Also try and see if your dog would like to sleep with you, or needs a little baby of it's own. Like some kind of toy it might sleep with. My daughter's dog would suck on an old toy when she went to bed. It was cute and different, because I have never seen a dog do that, a cat maybe, but not a dog.



Good luck and let us know what you have found out, I would really like to know. We all learn from others when they ask these types of questions, and thank you for asking. Have a nice night



I have an 11 week old min dachsund who is losing hair in small patches.?

Thank you for picking my answer. If you would like to ask more questions, because I have three mini's, you can e-mail me at bowwow_ladi , yahoo. Have a nice day. Report It



I have an 11 week old min dachsund who is losing hair in small patches.?

Some pets get what they call "hot spots." The vet should have recognized that and given your dog medicine for it. You may be able to buy it at a place like Petsmart. Otherwise, for a home remedy I would use zinc oxide.



I have an 11 week old min dachsund who is losing hair in small patches.?

We have a minature too and she had the same problem as a baby our vet recomended oatmeal dog shampoo from the pet store and it worked great make sure its for sensitive skin and bathe her 2 times a week



I have an 11 week old min dachsund who is losing hair in small patches.?

SHe's stressing about something, lose of mother, siblings etc...see a vet to be sure it's not anything else



I have an 11 week old min dachsund who is losing hair in small patches.?

you need to ask all the vets you no and if they all have diffrent suggestions try them all and if they don't work mabey its his\her time to go sorry if thats so.



I have an 11 week old min dachsund who is losing hair in small patches.?

Sounds like allergies. Change the kind of shampoo you're using - look for something organic and/or hypoallergenic. Whatever you do, DON'T use human-style shampoos or soaps, they're enough to trigger some skin problems. Ask your vet to do allergy tests on her, you might be able to find out what specifically is triggering the problem.



If changing the shampoo doesn't change things, try changing the brand of food she eats. Look into her environment to see what she can get in contact with her, particularly plants.



I have an 11 week old min dachsund who is losing hair in small patches.?

It may be ringworm. It will cause a pet to start loosing hair in patches and eventually it will all fall out. You can use something simple on it like over the counter Lamisil from Wal-Mart. It is a anti-fungal cream so it will help will just a skin irritation as well.



I have an 11 week old min dachsund who is losing hair in small patches.?

It could be allergies. Did you call the vet again? How often do you give her a bath? She is just a baby and really should not need a bath much yet. It could be her food or even what you were bathing her with. It could also be she was taken from her mother too soon if she is only 11 weeks old and that has stressed her out. I would call the vet again and ask what else it could be. She is only baby so please don't let it go. Good luck with her.



I have an 11 week old min dachsund who is losing hair in small patches.?

Maybe Mange! Call your Vet.



I have an 11 week old min dachsund who is losing hair in small patches.?

Hi Jill,I'm sorry your little one is having problems...You had her tested for mange,and it came back negative...She has all the signs of mange...Is she biting these spots along with scratching them??? If she is she might have what they call hot spots in dogs...I know petsmart has spot hot in a bottle,Thats what it is call too...Try this for about 2 weeks...If it doesn't start healing by then, Stop giving the hot spot and go to wal-mart and go to the pet section and buy a green tin can(medium size)of bag balm...This stuff works great...My dads dog had gotten in a fight,and had a deep hole in her neck and i packed it with bag balm...In a week it was starting to heal and no infection...This is a true story...So, I always have a can on hand for my dogs...GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR LITTLE ONE...



Clowmy

No comments:

Post a Comment